This is an exciting opportunity to join the Consulting Marketing team as an Account Based Marketing professional. Are you a marketing and communications professional who has a consistent record of success driving revenue and enabling executive relationships with key accounts? Do you have a history of building brand through innovative, targeted marketing campaigns and programmes? Are you obsessed with putting the client at the heart of everything you do?
Deloitte is looking for an Assistant Manager to drive the development, implementation and measurement of an account-based marketing programme for a number of our key accounts.
The Consulting Marketing team is the ideal place to gain wide ranging experience to develop your knowledge and hone your skills under the guidance of experienced B2B marketers. We want people to build rewarding long-term careers at Deloitte. With the experience you’ll gain and networks you’ll build, the Consulting Marketing Team is an excellent place for career development. Alongside all of this you’ll have a group of diverse & enthusiastic colleagues who we feel are the most talented and supportive that you’ll come across.
You will lead the account-based marketing and communications approach for a number of our key accounts, with a key objective of planning and executing marketing and communications plans that advance client growth opportunities. The role holder will spend the majority of their time on account-based marketing and account communications.
- Develop and deliver the Deloitte Consulting brand positioning for the accounts, in alignment with both the Deloitte masterbrand and account strategy; engage partners and practitioners working on the accounts to ‘live’ this brand positioning in all account interactions
- Aligning marketing and communications planning to the account strategy, industry and sector focus areas, and helping to identify client growth opportunities to drive client engagement, focusing on delivering the right messages at the right time to the right client stakeholders
- Drive opportunities by building customised and personalised campaigns directly for the accounts as well as integrating global / national marketing campaigns
- Engage the appropriate resources in developing and executing campaigns; oversee, in conjunction with internal agency resources, delivery of campaigns
- Identify ‘white space’ opportunities that align to the account’s priorities, to monitor account engagement metrics, determine the effectiveness of account-based marketing, and develop reports on the impact of marketing
- Develop and maintain profiles and key personas for target executive relationships that are monitored and tracked as part of account KPIs and performance measurement
- Serve as a marketing and communications leader on the account teams, directly engaging with account leadership in strategic discussions that impact account strategies
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team, industry and sector teams and other account-based marketers to leverage best practices and drive synergy between the accounts and broader go to market plans
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Regions or London
Work pattern: This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. Flexible and agile working is supported.
Your professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy (desirable)
- Proven experience designing interactive applications and networking platforms (desirable)
- Deep understanding of account-based marketing and its strategies including relationship management, marketing automation, campaign driven marketing approaches, social and digital marketing tools, account branding techniques, and account marketing KPIs
- Influencing skills – ability to express own views clearly and have the confidence to challenge and persuade senior people
- Executive presence and demonstrated ability to take initiative, with experience in working directly with senior account leaders and client executives
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to make connections in a highly matrixed B2B environment, with an eye towards integration
- Creativity and the ability to work collaboratively to reach innovative solutions
- Communications expert – in particular a high level of persuasive written and spoken English
- Client focused – puts the client first
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond the ‘last mile of distribution’ with clients and engage with client teams at the strategic level
- Background in and understanding of trends impacting financial services organisations and an insight into how large corporates operate
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS LOCOFFICE