Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm, and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. We are a legal services business powered by technology and led by people that support customers in every step of their case.
We are currently recruiting for a talented Business Development Executive to join our first class, Specialist Personal Injury department, in Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients.
The Business Development Executive supports the coordination and administration of business development activities across the Specialist Personal Injury in addition to providing key support in the delivery of internal and external business development initiatives.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company’s future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Support the Specialist PI Lawyers in the completion of various business development projects through administrative support
- Support the through completion of various administrative duties such as recording minutes during meetings, circulating agenda, taking action points etc.
- Support the Coordination of ongoing business development activities such as booking venue, accommodations etc
- Management of promotional items and print collateral utilising a third-party stocking and distribution system
- Manage the communication with charities/panels via means like emails, telephones, and websites and respond to enquiries in a timely and friendly manner.
- Undertake and monitor research to provide support for the business development activities including identifying and communicating with new partnerships.
- Experience in a business development role would be beneficial, ideally within a legal services environment
- Educated to degree level in Marketing/Business Studies would be advantageous
- A track record in delivering activities with measurable and demonstrable results
- Some experience in budget tracking and managing processes across multiple teams and departments would be advantageous
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to work within a team as well as on their own initiative, covering all aspects of the marketing mix
- The ability to produce accurate work and continually meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and to influence and build strong relationships internally
- Excellent organisational skills, allowing you to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Good use of initiative with a willingness to learn
- Some knowledge and use of social media
Our values provide the framework for how we engage with our colleagues, customers, and stakeholders. These behaviours and values must be demonstrated in the role and across the business.
- We do what we say we will
- We own it, we sort it
- We don’t wait, we create
- We respect and encourage each other
- We make time to live
What we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.
- Please Note – Vacancies may close prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume of applications received.