DAC Beachcroft are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager into their Clients and Markets Team in London.
As a Business Development Manager (BDM) you will work with the Head of Business Development (and Heads of Sector BD) to drive the firm’s strategy to create sustainable value by developing and acquiring business and pursuing profitable growth.
You will also be working closely with business leaders, and wider sector teams, as a BDM you will drive business development through cross sector campaigns, as well as will identified client accounts with Client Relationship Partners (CRPs) and Account Managers (AMs).
This role will also be market-facing, developing networks and creating opportunities.
As BDM, your main responsibilities will be:
- Work with the Head of Business Development in the development and implementation of the key client programme, embedding a culture of sales and identifying opportunities in sectors, markets and products.
- Work with the Bids team and Sector teams to identify and track sales pipeline.
- Work closely with Client Relationship partners and CRM teams to forecast, monitor and achieve individual account revenue targets, including the review of CRM budgets.
- Develop own network, and create market-facing opportunities
- Work with the Marketing team to support campaign driven activity, promotion of new products, and ensure alignment with client need
- Develop and implement client plans and identify market opportunities, working with legal teams to develop and sell new products/services, driving revenue generation from agreed clients and targets
- Plan and attend client relationship meetings with CRPs, when appropriate.
- Share best practice through internal communication channels and stakeholder engagement forums.
- Deploy wider business development support to identified accounts, prospects and key opportunities as needed.
- Promote the effective use of CRM database to support the management and growth of client accounts through the sales pipeline.
- Analyse key client and prospect data and facilitate dashboard reporting for key stakeholders at a firmwide and sector level.
- Develop and share sales and business development tools through the ‘DACB Client Hub’ to enable client conversations, and promote the cross selling of key products and services.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the sales and business development training programme, liaising with the Learning & Development Team to review content, analyse feedback, and drive change.
- Facilitate client development workshops to identify opportunities and drive CRM activity.
- Deliver sales workshops and coach senior stakeholders to embed best practice client management.
- Work closely with the Client Listening team to obtain feedback and use the insight to grow and secure client relationships.
- Build an internal and external network to share market insight and client intelligence.
- Understands DAC Beachcroft is an international firm. Works with awareness of this structure to operate as one team/brand.
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security.
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- Experience of working in the professional services sector and/or selling legal services
- Experience of developing relationships with potential and existing clients
- Proven experience of managing client accounts, developing client plans and client growth strategies
- Market-facing/client development experience essential
- Strong understanding of the market and its influencers and a track record of using this knowledge to generate growth opportunities
- Strong writing skills and the ability to adapt style to different audiences and channels
- Highly credible with the ability to influence, challenge and coach senior stakeholders, and to build strong relationships with all levels of lawyers.
- Strong networking skills – ability to connect the right people to opportunities
- Experience in implementing change programmes.
- Experience in delivering business development training.
- Highly pro-active, self-motivated, resourceful
- Strong project management experience and proven / strong track record of creating and delivering complex projects with the ability to manage to tight deadlines.
- Strong thirst for technical knowledge and application of knowledge to generate ideas.
- Proven experience of implementing best practice and initiatives for continuous improvement.
- High levels of numeracy and strong ability to analyse information, including data manipulation.
- Proven ability to work as a part of a team and also work autonomously
- Works successfully in virtual teams
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual’ rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com