The Senior Manager – BDMC, Global Tax will be responsible for developing and executing the Strategy, Plan, and BD/ marketing programs for the Global Tax Practice Group (the “Group”), working closely with the Global Tax Steering Committee and the leaders of the six Subpractice Groups (“SPG”).
To be responsible for raising the profile of the Global Tax practice among IKCs, GIGs, and other GPGs, in addition to helping to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships. An integral part of the role will be to collaborate with the Tax BD team in each region to promote a consistent global brand and integrated practice.
- Develop and deliver a compelling BDMC strategy across the practice group, understanding market needs and dynamics; set the strategic market-focused direction for the Global Tax practice with the fee earners
- Enable cross-practice collaboration with other groups key to the practice’s strategy, including through service lines
- Work closely with GIG BDMC counterparts, Tax GIG liaisons, and KM team to identify opportunities and create or tailor offerings to be promoted to industry clients, either exclusively for Tax advice or in collaboration with other GPGs in which case, liaison with the relevant PG team will be an important part
- Develop, define and disseminate clear positioning and messaging for the Group and its practitioners worldwide, aligned with Firm branding and communications plans
- Monitor and spot forward-looking Group issues and trends, and translate their legal impact to clients and lawyers in a commercial way
- Enhance internal awareness of Group-specific issues and equip lawyers to talk about them irrespective of their practice group
- Manage and coordinate initiatives with Regional and In-Market BDMC teams, setting high standards and values, and embedding shared values of collaboration, market-leading intelligence, and client service across the team
- Work and coordinate with IKC and Regional Client Managers in the Specialist BDMC function to drive key account management and client relationships with strategic accounts
- Partner closely with other expert functions (Key Client management, Global Marketing & Campaigns, and Communications) to ensure the Group’s media engagement, proposal preparation and pitch training for attorneys, pricing options, and alternative fee arrangements strategies align with the requirements of the business as well as global best practice
- Work with BDMC End-to-End services teams (Global Client Pursuits; Marketing Services; Awards and Directories Team; Experience Management; Event Management) around local production needs including proposal and communications templates; marketing material, campaigns and channels; roll-out of branding communications and advertising; managing submissions for awards and directories; and local event requirements
- Drive both internal and external communications for the Group, local media, and intranet to channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity, and culture through a single, uniform, and strategically consistent communications voice
- Manage team of two direct reports