About Eversheds Sutherland
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture, values and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client.
As a full service law practice, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the US, with 74 offices across 35 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law practices in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
At Eversheds Sutherland, we recognise that having diverse talent across our business brings many benefits, and we are committed to accessing a wide range of views and thinking in all that we do. A culture of inclusion, where each person feels able to be their true self at work and reach their full potential is key. We recognise that bringing together the perspectives of individuals of all backgrounds, life experiences, preferences and beliefs is critical if we are to serve our global client base, people and communities as a leading global legal practice.
You will be supported by our experienced Marketing team who operate and support our business around the globe. You will join a dynamic, diverse and driven group of individuals who work as one integrated international team, delivering local excellence.
In this role you will be working alongside a global team of lawyers and business professionals, leveraging your professional knowledge and experience to elevate the firm’s profile and expand our relationships with the world’s leading financial services organizations. There are currently a series of ‘Impact Projects’ (Technology in Financial Services, ESG and Sustainable Finance, Private Capital and others) which underpin the sector’s market strategy. You will work directly with Partner leads on identifying and interpreting trends and deciding what our actionable response and market positioning should be along with being a key part of the wider Strategy team, drawing-in and working on key campaigns and activities relevant to the sector. Further responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Embedding client development and a focus on clients, at the heart of the strategy and how it is delivered in our campaigns, content and events
- Collaborating with stakeholders in other key sectors, practices, and geographies relevant to FS projects and initiatives
- Collaborating with the Key Client Development Team for the sector, coordinating client development activities and our campaigns to ensure that they are aligned to the needs of our key clients and supporting activities tailored to generate personalised engagement with our key stakeholders in those clients
- Liaising with industry trade bodies and other outside parties, in proactively finding platforms such as conferences, working groups, research projects and other opportunities for us to raise our profile within the industry
- Navigating and managing working relationships with partners and their teams within the financial services sector, including on the production of regular internal newsletters and videos to promote internally the activities and progress across the Impact Projects
Skills & Experience
An understanding of the financial services industry and a desire to immerse into the sector are key to success in this role. You will have previous experience in a similar role within a professional services firm (Legal, accounting, consulting) or a financial services organisation along with an understanding of the business issues, regulatory environment and drivers of change impacting the financial services industry. You will have be highly commercial being able to link business development and marketing activities to tangible client-facing outcomes as well as being able to think and act globally. You will be equally skills in both strategy design and execution and will be innovative in your thinking to be able to challenge existing business development and marketing activity, bringing best practices from previous experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to join a supportive team who have an excellent track record of developing and promoting from within, in addition to this you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including; 26 days annual leave; flexible holiday scheme; private medical; CIM & PM Forum membership; and supported delivery of CIM qualifications.