KPMGI Group Context and Background
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 145 countries and territories and have 236,000 people working in member firms around the world and with FY21 revenues at more than US$32.13 B. KPMG International works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures global consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and employer of choice objectives. Many of the resources to support member firms within KPMG International have been centralized with the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC includes Global Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Procurement, Risk, Finance and IT.
This role sits at the heart of our M&C team, leading on planning and operations across the marketing and communications teams.
Reporting to the Global Chief Marketing Officer, the role of the Director, Strategic Planning and Operations will be a key point of contact across all stakeholders in KPMG’s Global Resource Centre in Canada, the US, and the UK, as well as across KPMG’s global network of member firms for marketing planning and operations activities, including consistent reporting on common programs.
The role will also include overall management responsibilities for driving marketing best practice implementation in project management and project execution in relation to initiatives and campaigns. The person in this role will support the Global CMO and work closely with the M&C leadership team, in particular the Managing Director of M&C Central Services and Senior People Leader for ongoing talent strategy development.
This role will have overarching responsibility for marketing planning, budgeting and KPIs reporting process, and will work closely with the Global Finance Controller who looks after Marketing.
All outputs and activities must be to the highest possible standards and the successful candidate will need to display exceptional leadership, communications, team management, strategy and influencing skills.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- 10 years of related marketing and/or communications experience
- Experience in marketing operations including deep understanding of demand gen and marketing technology
- Marketing planning experience and strong project management skills – highly analytical and computer literate with excellent, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics / KPIs
- Strong business acumen and highly developed communication and relationship skills
- Project management and negotiation skills with exceptional communication and ability to influence. Solid presentation skills
- A strong understanding of a large complex matrix organization
Description of level of Qualifications
Undergraduate degree or college diploma with an education preferably in marketing or communications.
• Technical project management knowledge and experience of developing robust project plans and driving project execution
• Ability to quickly develop a broad and deep understanding of Global Marketing’s strategic priorities and bring a good working knowledge of professional services
• In collaboration with Global Finance, ability to take a lead on operational, tactical and strategic planning, cross-functionally
• Understands and can articulate major tasks, deliverables, and use formal project management methodologies to implement initiatives.
• Demonstrates a high level of accountability and ability to drive sustainable change
• Has a proven ability to drive and influence business strategy
• Possesses strong relationship building, diplomatic and communication skills
• Has a global perspective, understands and can effectively manage issues, opportunities and challenges for conducting business in the international market
• Experience in operating in a highly matrix organization; capable of dealing with ambiguity and applying creativity in solving problems
• The role operates with a reasonable degree of autonomy and the incumbent must be able to maintain trusted relationships
• Effective at building and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders and colleagues across a complex, global, highly matrixed network
• Flexible and resilient – this role will throw a lot of things your way, so you will need to be well organized, detail conscious and pro-active, and able to work under pressure.
• A fast learner – be able to pick up and run with new challenges quickly, take on responsibility that may be outside the scope of your current skills.
• A strategic and lateral thinker with deep commercial awareness
• Ability to travel internationally and has a global mindset (20% or less)
• Ability to work flexible hours – connecting and collaborating with colleagues in different time zones